Thursday, May 7, 2015

Norton Identity Safe

This week I stumbled upon Norton’s Identity Safe, which is a password manager that is absolutely free. While I understand that it is owned by Norton, I still do not feel safe with using any type of password manager. I’ll tell you a little bit about Norton Identity Safe. It offers a desktop client, a web based vault, and apps for both Android and iOS. Norton ID collects and manages log-ins, passwords, and billing and shipping addresses. In addition there is a wallet feature that manages your credit card information. Norton locks your passwords and allows you to quickly access sites without providing log in credentials. I like the idea of the ease and convenience but what happens when it gets compromised? Do I then have 15 passwords to change? I’m not a big proponent of storing passwords in any capacity. But if that is your thing, Norton seems to be doing pretty well at handling that for you. 

http://www.cnet.com/news/manage-your-passwords-for-free-with-norton-identity-safe/

No comments:

Post a Comment